I offer a gentle Japanese-style of traditional therapies that allow the human body to engage in its own innate healing ability to regain and maintain vibrant health.
Among the common ailments I treat are allergies, chronic pain, digestive issues, hormonal imbalances, respiratory and cardiovascular conditions, fertility problems, menopause, adrenal and chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, as well as, structural imbalances and injuries.
Gentle Japanese-style acupuncture including:
- Toyohari Meridian Therapy
- Shonishin Pediatric Needle Therapy
- Manaka Yin Yang Channel Balancing Therapy
- Auricular (Ear) Therapy
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Dietary & Lifestyle Counseling
- Chinese Herbs – granules and patent formulas
- Myofascial Release
Adults: Initial visit is 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 hours and $145
Adults: Return visit is 1 hour and $95
Children (up to age 7) are scheduled for 30 minutes and the fee is $30 to $55 depending on age.
Please note there is a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Kindly wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing
I’m in the office Monday – Thursday.
Monday afternoons [I supervise acupuncture students in the teaching clinic at Bastyr Clinic of Natural Health 5pm – 9pm]
Tuesday ~ 10am to 12:30pm [I supervise acupuncture students in the teaching clinic at Seattle Institute of East Asian Medicine 1 pm -5pm]
Wednesday ~ 1:45pm – 7pm
Thursday ~ 1:45pm to 7pm
Friday ~ 8am – 12pm I supervise acupuncture students in the teaching clinic at Bastyr.
You can make an appointment HERE.
Please note that there is a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Insurance & Payment
I accept the following health insurance coverage:
- Premera Blue Cross
- Kaiser Permanente PPO
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims
It’s always a good idea to check with your insurance company first to make sure your plan covers acupuncture, how many treatments you can receive, and if you must meet a deductible first before your insurance will cover the treatments. You will also need to pay a copay with most plans.
If I’m not a provider for your insurance and you’re paying out-of-pocket I accept cash, checks or credit cards and payment is due at time of service. If you need to change your appointment I require 24 hours notice or a fee of $50.00 is charged. Missed appointments require the full cost of the office visit
Training & Accreditations
- My Washington State Acupuncture license is # 00000029. I have been licensed as an acupuncturist since 1985 and have been practicing in the Seattle area for 33 years.
- I was the second graduating class of the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine [NIAOM] in which I received my Acupuncture Therapist degree. I traveled to China to receive my clinical training in a out patient clinic in Chongqin.
- I received my Toyohari Meridian Therapy Certificate from Japan in 1997 and Advanced Toyohari certificate in 2006, and regularly attend special trainings in Japan and the U.S.
- I teach Japanese style acupuncture as a core faculty member at the Seattle Institute of East Asian Medicine (SIEAM) since 2003 as well as supervising the students in the teaching clinic.
- I am Clinical Adjunct Faculty and Continuing Education Faculty at Bastyr University, and have taught at Pacific Rim College in Victoria, BC.
- Another passion of mine is auricular (ear) acupuncture – European and Chinese style, and received my training from a protege of the father of auricular medicine and therapy Paul Nogier MD in 1987.
- I taught Auricular Therapy at NIAOM from 1992-1996 as well as being clinical supervisor for the students.
- I have traveled to Canada and throughout the US teaching Auricular therapy.
Please see my RESUME for details.